4 PARTICIPANTS WANTED FOR 19-27 OCTOBER 2022 – YOUTH EXCHANGE IN ITALY
IF THE OPPORTUNITY DOESN’T KNOCK, BUILD A DOOR: A path OF RESILIENCE
Key action 1 – Learning Mobility of Individuals
Duration: 19-27 October 2022 (7 activity days + 2 days for arrival and departure)
Daily schedule: two 4 hour sessions every day with coffee breaks and lunch break in-between
Deadline for applying: URGENT
Participants wanted: 4
Age: 17 – 30
Profile of participants: young people interested in the topic of resilience in the context of the refugee crisis and migration, as well as in art, crafts, and theater based methods.
Important: You should speak basic English and be willing to respect the Covid-19 related safety measures required and implemented by the host organization.
Partners: Artemide Association – Italy (coordinator and host) + NGOs from Spain, Moldova, Romania and 48 Territories.
Location: Casa Laboratorio Cerquosino, Orvieto, Italy. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/ETxQRRCVwcZhecH97 (please consider the building is set in a marvelous place but in the forest area of Umbria, so it is a bit isolated – ~5 km from the closest village)
The accommodation offers hostel conditions: bunk beds, shared bathroom, common room with fireplace, delicious home made food.
Learn more about Artemide Association here https://www.cerquosinoartemide.org/ and here https://www.facebook.com/cerquosino.artemide
TO APPLY PLEASE send us an informal email with the following content (in English):
- email subject: Artemide October YE
- tell us your name, age, what you study/work, your interest/background in non-formal education, and a little about yourself
- tell us why you want to participate in this youth exchange
The project is focused on the helping relationship addressed to young refugees, migrants and young people living in disadvantage situation, due to unfavorable contexts. The topic will be the Resilience. Main objective is to start up a process of personal growth through sharing a collective experience. The subject is helping relationship, social inclusion, active citizenship, non-violent conflict management, solidarity and ability to collaborate with and beyond the differences.
The whole project will be based on non formal education and we propose a learning by doing approach:
• flexibility, being learner-centered, contextualized and based on the promotion of participatory approaches;
• horizontal cooperation, where facilitators and experts create a shared learning path with participants and trainees, encouraging the exchange of knowledge;
• personal empowerment through self-esteem raising, development of the self-confidence, competences and skills.
What you can expect:
• theater based methods;
• body movement exercises;
• verbal and physical improvisation;
• handmade workshops;
• amazing homemade Italian food.
Food and accommodation are covered by the Erasmus+ program.
Plane tickets will either be provided by us or be reimbursed after the youth exchange.
Transportation expenses made in Italy to reach the youth exchange venue (train, bus) will be reimbursed after the youth exchange .