4 PARTICIPANTS WANTED FOR 20-28 JULY 2022 – YOUTH EXCHANGE IN ITALY
With slow and careful step, between limits and borders, in the path of disabilities
Key action 1 – Learning Mobility of Individuals
Duration: 20-28 July 2022 (7 activity days + 2 days for arrival and departure)
Daily schedule: two 4 hour sessions every day with coffee breaks and lunch break in-between
Deadline for applying: 15 May 2022
Participants wanted: 4
Age: 19 – 25
Profile of participants: young people interested in the topic of disability and inclusion, as well as in art, crafts, and theater based methods.
Important: You should speak basic English and be willing to respect the Covid-19 related safety measures required and implemented by the host organization.
Partners: Artemide Association – Italy (coordinator and host) + NGOs from Kosovo, North Macedonia, Hungary and Romania.
Location: Casa Laboratorio Cerquosino, Orvieto, Italy. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/ETxQRRCVwcZhecH97 (please consider the building is set in a marvelous place but in the forest area of Umbria, so it is a bit isolated – ~5 km from the closest village)
The accommodation offers hostel conditions: bunk beds, shared bathroom, common room with fireplace, delicious home made food.
TO APPLY PLEASE send us an informal email with the following content (in English):
- email subject: Artemide July YE
- tell us your name, age, what you study/work, your interest/background in non-formal education, and a little about yourself
- tell us why you want to participate in this youth exchange
The project’s goal is to experience the encounter with dis-ability, contact and the search for commonalities and the abatement of stereotypes and fears towards the „different from us”. The concept of inclusion leads to the recognition of a right as a form of contrast to its opposite: exclusion.
The whole project will be based on non formal education and we propose a learning by doing approach:
• flexibility, being learner-centered, contextualized and based on the promotion of participatory approaches;
• horizontal cooperation, where facilitators and experts create a shared learning path with participants and trainees, encouraging the exchange of knowledge;
• personal empowerment through self-esteem raising, development of the self-confidence, competences and skills.
What you can expect:
• theater based methods;
• body movement exercises;
• verbal and physical improvisation;
• handmade workshops;
• amazing homemade Italian food.
Food and accommodation are covered by the Erasmus+ program.
Plane tickets will either be provided by us or be reimbursed after the youth exchange.
Transportation expenses made in Italy to reach the youth exchange venue (train, bus) will be reimbursed after the youth exchange .
NB: This is an in-person event and there will be traveling by plane involved and meeting people from all over Europe. As such, for the safety and well-being of everyone involved, we recommend this experience to people who have been vaccinated against Covid-19.