4 PARTICIPANTS WANTED FOR 19-28 APRIL 2022 TRAINING
TOOLS to Open our Leaders’ Skills: Technical Training for Camp Leaders
Key action 1 – Learning Mobility of Individuals
Duration: 19-28 April 2022 (8 activity days + 2 days for arrival and departure)
Daily schedule: two sessions of 4 hours each every day, with lunch and coffee breaks in between; social activities after dinner.
Deadline for applying: 20 March
Participants wanted: 4
Profile of participants: young people interested in youth work and the restoration and enhancement of heritage; future international workcamp leaders or youth workers (youth leaders, social workers, teachers…) who will lead youth projects related to the restoration and enhancement of heritage.
Important: You should speak basic English and be willing to participate in every session.
Partners: Concordia Association – France (coordinator and host), European Youth Centre Břeclav – Czech Republic, InformaGiovani – Italy, Volunteers Centre Skopje – North Macedonia, Amigos de Europa & Viaje a la Sostenibilidad – Spain, Universitur – Romania.
Location: Varaignes village, in the Dordogne region of France. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/RRtq4eeGamFzdLih7
Accommodation: Participants will share rooms of 2 or 3 in two cottages close to the castle of Varaignes. Individual rooms can be found for participants with specific needs. The work place is very close by in the village. Meals will be prepared by the staff and adapted to different diets.
TO APPLY PLEASE send us an informal email with the following content (in English):
- Email subject: TOOLS TC
- Tell us your name, age, what you study/work, your interest/background in non-formal education and/or in working with heritage, and a little about yourself. Please don’t be discouraged if you don’t have any experience, we just want to get to know you, you don’t have less chances to be selected if you don’t have experience 🙂
- Tell us why you want to participate in this virtual training course.
TOOLS Training aims to give tools to youth workers to develop youth citizenship and sense of belonging to the European community. The training will bring together 30 people working in the field of youth (leaders, facilitators, educators, instructors, teachers …) from 6 sending organizations all over Europe.
Objectives of the Training:
- to develop the skills of youth leaders and professionals on group management and restoration techniques for old buildings;
- to exchange the best practices of each organization and develop the already existing common culture within the Alliance network;
The training will alternate workshops focused on the organization and management of a group with technical modules.
We will work on:
- Group dynamics
- Conflict management
- Non-formal education
- Sustainable development
- Heritage awareness
- Stone construction techniques
- Management of materials
- Work in group management during workcamp
The whole project will be based on non formal education and we propose a learning by doing approach:
• flexibility, being learner-centered, contextualized and based on the promotion of participatory approaches;
• horizontal cooperation, where facilitators and experts create a shared learning path with participants and trainees, encouraging the exchange of knowledge;
• personal empowerment through self-esteem raising, development of the self-confidence, competences and skills.
Food and accommodation are covered by the Erasmus+ program.
Plane tickets will either be provided by us or be reimbursed after the training.
Transportation expenses made in France to reach the training venue (train, bus) will be reimbursed after the training.
!! Important Covid-19 prevention information !! This is an in-person event and you will be traveling to France. To enter France you need a vaccination pass.
What is a vaccination pass? How is it different from the Covid certificate? A vaccination pass is necessary in France for everyone aged 16 and older to participate in most social or cultural activities. A digital or paper version of one of the following may be provided as a vaccination pass:
- A vaccine certificate showing full vaccination (complete first dose(s) plus boster),
- A certificate of recovery from COVID (from 11 days to 6 months prior),
- A certificate of medical reasons for not being vaccinated.
Since February 1st, 2022, in order to continue to be considered as fully vaccinated, persons aged 18 or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a booster dose no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose. You are considered fully vaccinated 7 days after your booster shot. For further details please read this official information from the French government: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/coming-to-france/coming-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/ and https://www.interieur.gouv.fr/covid-19-international-travel and from the Romanian government: https://www.mae.ro/travel-conditions/3698