8 PARTICIPANTS WANTED FOR 06-15 APRIL 2022 YOUTH EXCHANGE
CALYPSO – COMMON ACTION FOR LEARNING, YOUTH PARTICIPATION, SUSTAINABILITY WITHIN EU ORGANIZATIONS
Key action 1 – Learning Mobility of Individuals
Duration: 06-15 April 2022 (8 activity days + 2 travel days)
Daily schedule: two sessions of 4 hours each every day, with lunch and coffee breaks in between; social activities after dinner.
Deadline for applying: CLOSED
Participants wanted: 8
Profile of participants: young people interested in youth work and topics under the big umbrella of Sustainability and Education for Sustainable Development – ESD.
Important: You should speak basic English and be willing to participate in every session.
Partners: Lunaria Association – Italy (coordinator and host), Scout Group Eryteeia – Spain, Asociația Universitur – Romania
Location: La Buona Terra, Passignano sul Trasimeno (PG), Italy. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/kiGWc8v4YLzQhm7t9 (please consider the building is set in a marvelous place but in the countryside, so it is a bit isolated – 30 minutes from the city of Perugia)
The accommodation offers hostel conditions and follows sustainable practices. It has a professional kitchen, shared bedrooms with bunk beds (4-6/room), shared toilets and showers. The meals will be prepared by the in-house kitchen staff and will be served in the same building where the participants are accommodated. There are three main spaces: a living room, a workshop room, and the Ecohouse (for activities and free time). The workshops will be held in the multi-purpose room, set in the same building where participants are hosted.
The local association members of La Buona Terra manage the place following sustainable practices (such as community life, garbage recycling, responsible water use, responsible electricity use, etc.) and participants involved in the project will be invited to follow these practices. Click here for some photos and more information about La Buona Terra (the content is in Italian).
TO APPLY PLEASE send us an informal email with the following content (in English):
- email subject: CALYPSO YE
- tell us your name, age, what you study/work, your interest/background in non-formal education, and a little about yourself
- tell us why you want to participate in this virtual training course
CALYPSO is a multi-action project that aims to develop tools and working methods, among youth workers and trainers, to raise awareness on the importance of promoting sustainability and Education for Sustainable Development – ESD.
More specifically, the project foresees to facilitate the access to youth work knowledge and resources at local, national, regional and European levels, to further support the exchange of youth work practices and peer learning. The project includes the current online Training Course, an online Advance Planning Visit and two Youth Exchanges.
Objectives of the Youth Exchange:
● to reach out young people in general and marginalized youth to promote exchange, understanding, intercultural learning;
● to raise awareness among young people on sustainability, developing a critical thinking and understanding of the current situation in the participating countries;
● to create the space for experimenting new participative tools to afterwards raise awareness on sustainability among groups of peers, through workshops and other actions.
The whole project will be based on non formal education and we propose a learning by doing approach:
• flexibility, being learner-centered, contextualized and based on the promotion of participatory approaches;
• horizontal cooperation, where facilitators and experts create a shared learning path with participants and trainees, encouraging the exchange of knowledge;
• personal empowerment through self-esteem raising, development of the self-confidence, competences and skills.
Food and accommodation are covered by the Erasmus+ program.
Plane tickets will either be provided by us or be reimbursed after the youth exchange.
Transportation expenses made in Italy to reach the youth exchange venue (train, bus) will be reimbursed after the youth exchange .
This is an in-person event and there will be traveling by plane involved and meeting people from all over Europe. As such, for the safety and well-being of everyone involved, we recommend this experience to people who have been vaccinated against Covid-19.