5 PARTICIPANTS WANTED FOR 06-15 JANUARY 2022
bABEL – YOUTH WORK AND INNOVATIVE METHODS AGAINST DISCRIMINATION
Key action 1 – Learning Mobility of Individuals
Duration: 06-15 January 2022 (8 activity days, 2 travel days)
Daily schedule: two sessions of 4 hours each every day, with lunch and coffee breaks in between; social activities after dinner.
Deadline for applying: CLOSED
Participants wanted: 5
Profile of participants: young people interested in youth work and topics under the big umbrella of Human Rights.
Important: You should speak basic English and be willing to participate in every session.
Partners: Lunaria Association – Italy (coordinator and host), Concordia – France, Break the Borders – Greece, SOS Malta – Malta, Asociația Universitur – Romania
Location: Casa Laboratorio Cerquosino, Orvieto, Italy. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/ETxQRRCVwcZhecH97
The accommodation offers hostel conditions: bunk beds, shared bathroom.
TO APPLY PLEASE send us an informal email with the following content (in English):
- email subject: BABEL YE
- tell us your name, age, what you study/work, your interest/background in non-formal education, and a little about yourself.
- tell us why you want to participate in this youth exchange.
BABEL is a multi-action project that aims to develop tools and working methods, among youth workers and trainers, to fight against discrimination, therefore promoting the active participation and inclusion of young people and young people with fewer opportunities, in Europe.
Objectives of the Youth Exchange:
• to promote exchange, understanding and intercultural learning;
• to raise awareness on sensitive sub-topics within the big umbrella of Human Rights;
• to create the space for experimenting new participative tools to afterwards raise awareness on Human Rights among groups of peers, through workshops and other actions.
The whole project will be based on non formal education and we propose a learning by doing approach:
• flexibility, being learner-centered, contextualized and based on the promotion of participatory approaches;
• horizontal cooperation, where facilitators and experts create a shared learning path with participants and trainees, encouraging the exchange of knowledge;
• personal empowerment through self-esteem raising, development of the self-confidence, competences and skills.
Food and accommodation are covered by the Erasmus+ program.
Plane tickets will either be provided by us or be reimbursed after the youth exchange.
Transportation expenses made in Italy to reach the youth exchange venue (train, bus) will be reimbursed after the youth exchange .
This is an in-person event and there will be traveling by plane involved and meeting people from all over Europe. As such, for the safety and well-being of everyone involved, we recommend this experience to people who have been vaccinated against Covid-19.