Virtual Youth Exchange
6 PARTICIPANTS WANTED FOR 16-25 JUNE 2021
P.E.A.C.E – PROMOTING EUROPEAN AWARENESS TO CONTRAST EXTREMISM
Key action 1 – Learning Mobility of Individuals
Duration: 16 – 25 June 2021 (10 activity days)
Daily schedule: 16:00 to 19:00 Romanian time (3 hours of online work every day)
Deadline for applying: June 4th 2021
Participants wanted: 6
Age: 18 – 30
Profile of participants: young people interested in the topic
Important: You should speak basic English and be willing to participate in every session and do any individual work the trainers might give you. You also need good internet, microphone and camera since this is an online activity.
Partners: Lunaria Association – Italy (coordinator and host), Break the Borders – Greece, ESTYES – Estonia, Asociația Universitur – Romania.
TO APPLY PLEASE send us an informal email with the following content (in English):
- email subject: PEACE VYE
- tell us your name, age, what you study/work, and a little about yourself
- tell us why you want to participate in this virtual youth exchange
The project aims to raise awareness, among youth workers and young people, on the wide-spread of different forms of populism in the nowadays societies using propaganda and rhetoric to incite racism and xenophobia and then consequently promote anti-racist approaches in Europe.
Objectives of the virtual youth exchange:
• to raise awareness among young people on the racism and xenophobia widespread in their countries and at European level;
• to enable young people to understand and then recognize the different forms of populism, empowering their capacities to “read” the context where they live;
• to detect the different forms of propaganda/rhetoric often applied and some of the tools used to promote populist approaches;
• to help young people experiment new tools to raise awareness, among groups of peers, on the importance of understanding the phenomenon and of applying anti-racist approaches.
The whole project will be based on non formal education and we propose a learning by doing approach:
• flexibility, being learner-centered, contextualized and based on the promotion of participatory approaches;
• horizontal cooperation, where facilitators and experts create a shared learning path with participants and trainees, encouraging the exchange of knowledge;
• personal empowerment through self-esteem raising, development of the self-confidence, competences and skills.
Financial conditions: participation is free