2 PARTICIPANTS WANTED FOR 18-26 OCTOBER 2021
The whole is more than the sum of the single parts; extra-ordinary journey into the dis-abilities
Key action 1 – Learning Mobility of Individuals
Duration: 18-26 October 2021 (7 activity days + 2 travel days)
Daily schedule: two 4 hour sessions every day with coffee breaks and lunch break in-between
Deadline for applying: CLOSED
Participants wanted: 2
Age: 19 – 25
Profile of participants: young people interested in the topic of disability and inclusion, as well as in art, crafts, and theater based methods.
Important: You should speak basic English and be willing to respect the Covid-19 related safety measures required and implemented by the host organization.
Partners: Artemide Association – Italy (coordinator and host), Coop. Soc. L’Arcobaleno – Italy, Qendra Open Doors – Albania, Organizata Joqeveritare THY – Kosovo, Break the borders – Greece, , Asociația Universitur – Romania.
Location: Casa Laboratorio Cerquosino, Orvieto, Italy. Map: https://goo.gl/maps/ETxQRRCVwcZhecH97
The accommodation offers hostel conditions: bunk beds, shared bathroom.
Learn more about Artemide Association here https://www.cerquosinoartemide.org/ and here https://www.facebook.com/cerquosino.artemide
TO APPLY PLEASE send us an informal email with the following content (in English):
- email subject: Artemide October YE
- tell us your name, age, what you study/work, and a little about yourself
- tell us why you want to participate in this youth exchange
The project’s goal is to experience the encounter with dis-ability, contact and the search for commonalities and the abatement of stereotypes and fears towards the „different from us”. The concept of inclusion leads to the recognition of a right as a form of contrast to its opposite: exclusion.
The whole project will be based on non formal education and we propose a learning by doing approach:
• flexibility, being learner-centered, contextualized and based on the promotion of participatory approaches;
• horizontal cooperation, where facilitators and experts create a shared learning path with participants and trainees, encouraging the exchange of knowledge;
• personal empowerment through self-esteem raising, development of the self-confidence, competences and skills.
What you can expect:
• theater based methods;
• body movement exercises;
• verbal and physical improvisation;
• handmade workshops;
• amazing homemade Italian food.
Financial conditions: participation is free